Our Beliefs and Values
To glorify God by making disciples who know Christ, grow in Christ, and proclaim Christ.
Darby Creek Community Church is a non-denominational, evangelical, Christian church located in Galloway, Ohio.
- Sharing God’s love and grace which were demonstrated by the life and work of Jesus Christ.
- Multiplying our ministry by supporting and participating in local and global missions efforts.
- Communicating God’s Word to adults and children in an interesting way.
- Developing genuine, loving, and caring relationships.
Statement of Faith on the Nature of God, Man, Salvation, the Church and Eternal Life:
- We believe in the Bible as the sole basis of our beliefs. It was uniquely, verbally, and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and was written without error in the original Manuscripts.
- We believe in one God, infinite in power, wisdom, justice, goodness, and love, the Creator of the universe, existing eternally in three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that men and women as originally created were innocent before God, but they chose to defy God and thus separated themselves from their Creator incurring divine condemnation. This alienation has corrupted human nature making human beings totally incapable of pleasing God in and of themselves.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, and that He was fully God and fully man, and after having lived a sinless life, voluntarily suffered and died to pay the penalty of our sins, thus satisfying God’s justice and enabling all those who trust in Him to experience complete forgiveness before God. Jesus Christ rose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and is at the right hand of God the Father. At a future unknown date, He will return to earth — personally, visibly, and bodily.
- We believe that God’s gift of grace, a right relationship with Him, is eternally secured, and cannot be achieved through any human endeavor, but only through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Believers should be baptized not as a requirement for salvation, but rather in recognition of their newfound relationship.
- We believe that the church is composed of all true believers and that its members should gather together in local churches to celebrate God’s presence, learn from God’s word, commemorate the Lord’s Supper, and seek to express their faith in meaningful ways.
- We believe in life beyond death and the bodily resurrection of every person. For those who have received Christ, this means eternal conscious existence in His presence. For those who have not believe, this means conscious existence in isolation from God, subject to eternal suffering resulting from voluntary forfeiture of grace realized through Jesus Christ.
Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Genesis 2:18-25)
- We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4)
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of DCC as a local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the DCC members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by DCC in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14-16; 1 Thessalonians 5:22)
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of DCC.
Statement on the Sanctity of Human Life
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Psalm 139)